Does your heart burn when you read the Scriptures? Do you see Jesus in the breaking of the bread? Do you know the power of His mercy and forgiveness from the sacrament of confession?
You are a witness of these things.
Oh ya, and by the way, ghosts don't eat fish.
Pour out your whole life for Jesus. It's totally worth it.
Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it produces much fruit.
How will you answer Jesus when, at the particular judgement, He asks you, "Why should I let you into Heaven?"
The federal government passed Bill C-14 on June 17, 2016. This legalized physician-assisted suicide across Canada. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario has enacted a policy that requires physicians to provide an effective referral for euthanasia. Forcing healthcare providers to violate their conscience rights is a direct attack against their constitutional right to freedom of conscience and religion, both of which are guaranteed under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Section 2). The bishops of Ontario are urging us to take action. To do so, head on over HERE. You simply fill in a form with your address, and it generates a letter that you can submit to your MPP to express your concerns and to respectfully demand that the government of Ontario enact legislation to protect physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and all health care providers from being needlessly required to participate in euthanasia. I’ve done it, and it only takes about 3 or 4 minutes. I am encouraging you to do it as well.
This is scary stuff. If physicians can be forced to violate their own conscience and religious freedom, what makes you think it couldn't happen in other fields, or to you?
To get more information, click HERE.
To write the email to your MPP, click HERE.
Memo sent to all Ontario Bishops by Deacon Larry Worthen on the issue. If you're on Facebook, you can watch him HERE.
In the midst of the sufferings in life, we need mountaintop experiences with the Lord who loves us.
Be strong. Fight temptation. Jesus is on your side!
Be like the man with leprosy in the Gospel. Bring your struggles and suffering to the Lord for healing.
Just read the Bible, even five minutes a day, but the more the better.
What Is Lectio Divina? (includes video clips of Cardinal Collins)
Catholic translations of the Bible:
- New American Bible (my preferred version) (NAB)
- New Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)
- Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
- Good News Bible (good for children)
- Jerusalem Bible (language is a bit poetic for my tastes)
The Church was founded for the purpose of spreading the kingdom of Christ throughout the earth for the glory of God the Father, to enable all men to share in His saving redemption, and that through them the whole world might enter into a relationship with Christ. All activity of the Mystical Body directed to the attainment of this goal is called the apostolate, which the Church carries on in various ways through all her members. For the Christian vocation by its very nature is also a vocation to the apostolate. No part of the structure of a living body is merely passive but has a share in the functions as well as life of the body: so, too, in the body of Christ, which is the Church, "the whole body . . . in keeping with the proper activity of each part, derives its increase from its own internal development" (Eph. 4:16).
Indeed, the organic union in this body and the structure of the members are so compact that the member who fails to make his proper contribution to the development of the Church must be said to be useful neither to the Church nor to himself (Vatican II, Apostalicam Actuositatem, 2).
Two documentaries on the dangers of pornography:
- Addicted to Porn: Chasing the Cardboard Butterfly.
- Over 18 (this is being shown at St. Teresa of Avila School on Wednesday, Feb. 7 at 7:00 P.M.. To attend, RSVP by Friday, February 2 by calling 905-385-7555).
Other great resources:
- Love People Use Things. A great new podcast by Matt Fradd for those who are tired of the fantasy of pornography and are ready for reality. Never despair. There is hope!
- Your Brain on Porn. A nonreligious website with tonnes of info about the damaging neurological effects of pornography use. The founder of the site is an atheist.
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today's Young Kids (Amazon link). This is a great book which you can use to learn how to speak to children about pornography.
- Fight the New Drug. Another great nonreligious site which provides tonnes of general info about the dangers of porn use.
- Covenant Eyes. The most reputable and effective internet accountability and filtering software.
Mary is the Mother of God. She truly is the Theotokos. All she wants is for us to understand, love, and follow her Son, Jesus.
If you're looking for a guide to consecration to Mary, you may want to check out 33 Days to Morning Glory: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Marian Consecration by Fr Michael E Gaitley (Amazon link).
If you want to go a bit deeper, read St. Louis de Montfort's True Devotion to Mary(Amazon link).
Humility always triumphs over power.
God always fulfills His promises. Sometimes He just takes a while.